These pizza’s are the perfect addition to your celebratory table this year! So quick, easy & versatile. Perfect as a canapé for your christmas party or as a side to a sit-down meal.
– 1 butternut Pumpkin, seeds removed
– 3 tbsp good-quality pesto
– 180g organic haloumi, cut into small cubes
– 1 punnet tomatoes, sliced into halve
– 1/2 bunch basil, chopped
– 2-3 tbsp olive oil
– sea salt
– chilli flakes
1.Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. Slice the pumpkin horizontally into thin slices. Arrange evenly on a lined baking tray
3. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over slices and season generously with sea salt and chilli. Roast in the oven for 40 mins, until caramelised and cooked through
4. In the meantime, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry the haloumi pieces for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden. Then set aside
5. Once cooked, remove the pumpkin from the oven and top each pumpkin piece with pesto, haloumi, tomatoes, basil and any other toppings of choice.
Recipe courtesy of www.jessicasepel.com.au