Mushrooms are low in calories, high in antioxidants and are a great addition to any meal.
Try this delicious and easy-to-make (and versatile) Mushroom Omelette that you can have at breakfast, lunch or dinner!
-3 egg whites/1 whole egg
-Handful sliced Mushrooms, spring onion chopped
-Red/green capsicum diced
-Celtic sea salt, red pepper flakes, chilli to taste, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper
-Serve with fresh herbs, eg parsley, dill, basil or coriander
1. Beat egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Mix in salt, red pepper flakes, chilli, garlic powder and nutmeg.
2. Spray a little olive oil into large skillet and heat over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, spring onion, and capsicum until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Remove from Pan, pour in egg mixture and cook on a low/medium heat until it sets.
4. Add Mushroom mix on top of the Omelette and fold over.
5. Sprinkle with Fresh Herbs and serve.